I’m pursuing an M.S in International Agricultural Development at UC Davis. After working in the chocolate and organic food sectors for ten years, with a focus on social responsibility, sustainability, marketing and communications, I felt a desire to transition to producer-side development, with a focus in tropical crops such as cacao. My overall goals are to facilitate the improvement of producer livelihoods and economies through optimized farm and enterprise management, agricultural enterprise development (e.g., value-added processing), and cost-benefit assessment of agricultural enterprises marketing and trade across the value chain.
My thesis research is focused on an economic analysis of the Rainforest Alliance and Utz Certified certifications for cacao farmers in Côte d’Ivoire.
I’m also an impassioned professional (10+ years in the chocolate and food sectors), with strong track record driving successful social responsibility/sustainability programs (supply chain through operations and products), building brands and causes through high-impact copywriting, communications and marketing; and writing high-quality reports and engaging, objective articles.
- Research and report writing, with a focus on cacao and tropical commodities, agriculture, agricultural economics, ethical/responsible/sustainable sourcing and supply chains, and agricultural commodity certifications
- Economic analyses of agricultural production, processing and marketing across the value chain, and certifications
- Sustainable sourcing and supply chain advising to identify strategic objectives, develop results-oriented action plans, and measure outcomes and impact
- Articles on focus areas noted here, and sustainable business and living
- High-impact marketing and communications copy, focused on small-scale farms and values-driven food companies